Follow these steps while your new tattoo heals:
- Removing your second skin: it is best to hop in the shower and use anti bacterial soap with warm water to peel it off. Once your soap and water are in place, lift a corner of the film and stretch it toward the center of the tattoo. Grab another corner and repeat. Keep applying the soap as you peel it off. This will help to gently remove it from the skin.
For the next 3 weeks:
- Keep it clean: Twice a day wash your tattoo gently with antibacterial soap and water. Use your clean hands or a soft cloth to avoid irritating the skin. Avoid using any harsh soaps, scrubs, or exfoliants.
- Keep it moisturized: After washing your tattoo, pat it dry with a clean towel and apply a thin layer of aftercare ointment. This will help prevent the skin from becoming dry and itchy.
- Avoid soaking: Avoid soaking your tattoo in water, including pools, hot tubs, baths, and the ocean. Showering is fine, but keep the water pressure low and avoid exposing the tattoo to direct spray.
- Avoid sun exposure: Protect your tattoo from direct sunlight or tanning beds. If you need to be outside, wear loose clothing that covers the tattoo or apply a high SPF sunscreen.
- Don't pick or scratch: As your tattoo heals, it may scab or peel. Do not pick or scratch at the area, as this can cause damage and slow down the healing process.
If you have any questions please call us or text us at (323) 574-5942